- Kosher salt
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 red jalapeno peppers, minced
- ¼ cup Chipotle wine
- 12 ounces spaghetti or fettuccine
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Combine the bacon, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, rosemary, jalapeno and ¼ cup water in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water evaporates and the bacon crisps, about 12 minutes. Discard the garlic. Add the chipotle wine, if desired, and cook until it evaporates. Remove from the heat and set aside ¼ cup bacon mixture for garnish.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti or fettuccine in the boiling water as the label directs. Mix the eggs, cheeses, parsley and 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Drain the pasta, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the pasta and toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Whisk the reserved pasta water into the egg mixture, then quickly pour over the pasta and toss to gently cook the eggs and make a creamy sauce. Garnish with the reserved bacon mixture and more parmesan.
Jalapeño Wine Lemonade
Despite his sour appearance, this traveler is certain to be the talk of every get-together. He’s part Mississippi plantation, part Rocky Mountain foothills. A vacationer at heart, he’s a free spirit who can’t be boxed in or bottled up and always delivers the entertaining twist needed to turn ordinary occasions into unforgettable escapes.
Seasonal releases in Watermelon, Strawberry, and teas!