Kicked up English Toffee
This English toffee has a hint of heat that makes it mouth watering!
Author: Chris Carlson
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Not enough!
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp Jalapeno salt+ ½ tsp Jalapeno salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the butter, sugar, and ½ salt in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat and allow the mixture to come to a steady boil, stirring constantly. When it turns a dark amber color or reaches 290 degrees with a candy thermometer, it is done.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a foil-lined baking sheet or baking dish. Let harden for a minute or two, then sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Let them melt on top for a minute, then spread the chocolate evenly with a knife.
- Sprinkle on the remaining salt. Let the English toffee candy cool and harden, then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- NOTE-Use a quality chocolate chip or the results can be grainy