Sassy Smoked Bourbon Baked Beans
Author: Aimee Stephenson
- 1 can dark kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can light kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can original Rotel tomatoes/chilies
- 1-28oz. can Country Style Bush’s baked beans
- 1 c. bacon crumbles
- ½ c. Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
- ¾ c. bourbon
- 1 c. Potter’s Jalapeño Wine
- ½ large sweet onion, diced
- ¼ c. rib rub
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbls. Crushed red peppers
- 1 tbls. Trader Joe’s Garlic Spread
- Mix all ingredients in an oven-proof dish.
- Smoke on Traeger (or similar) for 3 hours.
- Then crank heat to 225 and cook for anohter 2 hours.