Smoked Jalapeno Pizza Sauce
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s pizza sauce
- ⅔ c. Trader Joe’s Garlic spread
- 4 tbls. garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 c. freshly minced basil
- 2 tbls. red wine
- ***3 tbls. Potter’s Jalapeno Wine***
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Mix all ingredients in a smoker-proof pan.
- Smoke on Traeger (grill) at smoke setting for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- This recipe will cover 2-16″ crusts.
Slightly spicy, Jalapeño Wine, with a balanced light sweetness. Excellent sipping wine on a quiet evening at home or with friends. Try it as an aperitif before your next meal to stimulate your taste buds and appetite. Add it to your sangria for that something special. It’s uses are limited only by your imagination.
Outstanding cooking addition. Use it to marinate, sauté, slow cook or as a reduction. Incredible with chicken, shrimp, fish or lamb. Try it on all seafood, it adds tremendous flavor without too much kick. Clams are a favorite.