Idaho Slow Roast
The resulting gravy in this recipe is also amazing on mashed spuds!
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3-5 lb Roast (beef, venison, etc.)
- 1 package dry ranch dressing powder
- 1 package brown gravy or au jus powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, julienned
- ½ bottle Chipotle Wine
- In slow cooker, layer onions and place roast upon them.
- Pour wine over top and then sprinkle with ranch and au jus powders.
- Top with butter pieces and cover.
- Set cooker to low and walk away for several hours (I set in morning and by the time I am home from work it is ready and waiting.)
- Remove meat carefully, as it is going to fall apart, and cover to rest.
- Use immersion blender to make gravy out of drippings.
Jalapeño Wine Lemonade
Despite his sour appearance, this traveler is certain to be the talk of every get-together. He’s part Mississippi plantation, part Rocky Mountain foothills. A vacationer at heart, he’s a free spirit who can’t be boxed in or bottled up and always delivers the entertaining twist needed to turn ordinary occasions into unforgettable escapes.
Seasonal releases in Watermelon, Strawberry, and teas!