Idaho Slow Roast
The resulting gravy in this recipe is also amazing on mashed spuds!
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3-5 lb Roast (beef, venison, etc.)
- 1 package dry ranch dressing powder
- 1 package brown gravy or au jus powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, julienned
- ½ bottle Chipotle Wine
- In slow cooker, layer onions and place roast upon them.
- Pour wine over top and then sprinkle with ranch and au jus powders.
- Top with butter pieces and cover.
- Set cooker to low and walk away for several hours (I set in morning and by the time I am home from work it is ready and waiting.)
- Remove meat carefully, as it is going to fall apart, and cover to rest.
- Use immersion blender to make gravy out of drippings.