Santa Maria Jalapeño Chipotle Tri-Tip
Author: Aimee Stephenson
- 4 lb tri tip
- Trader Joes (trademark) coffee rub
- Potters Chipotle Jalapeño Wine (in a sprayer)
- Smoke tri-tip for (up to) 4 hours.
- Spray with Potter Wine's Jalapeno Chipotle wine every 20-30 minutes.
- Remove tri-tip from smoker (I have a Traeger), and crank the heat to high, allowing the barrel temp to reach 450.
- Place tri-tip back on smoker.
- Continue to spray with the Chipotle Jalapeño Wine every 10 minutes.
- Flip tri-tip after 15 minutes for equal sear.
- For medium rare minus, remove when internal temp reaches 118. (A 4 pound tri tip usually takes 30-45 minutes to reach and IT of 118.)
- Remove from smoker, cover in foil and a towel and let rest on the counter for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice against the grain.
- Serve sliced thick with a salad or thinly sliced on a bun with a slice of smoked swiss and au jus sauce for the best french dip you have ever had!
Buy Jalapeño Chipotle Wine HERE