Santa Maria Jalapeño Chipotle Tri-Tip
Author: Aimee Stephenson
- 4 lb tri tip
- Trader Joes (trademark) coffee rub
- Potters Chipotle Jalapeño Wine (in a sprayer)
- Smoke tri-tip for (up to) 4 hours.
- Spray with Potter Wine's Jalapeno Chipotle wine every 20-30 minutes.
- Remove tri-tip from smoker (I have a Traeger), and crank the heat to high, allowing the barrel temp to reach 450.
- Place tri-tip back on smoker.
- Continue to spray with the Chipotle Jalapeño Wine every 10 minutes.
- Flip tri-tip after 15 minutes for equal sear.
- For medium rare minus, remove when internal temp reaches 118. (A 4 pound tri tip usually takes 30-45 minutes to reach and IT of 118.)
- Remove from smoker, cover in foil and a towel and let rest on the counter for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice against the grain.
- Serve sliced thick with a salad or thinly sliced on a bun with a slice of smoked swiss and au jus sauce for the best french dip you have ever had!
Jalapeño Wine Lemonade
Despite his sour appearance, this traveler is certain to be the talk of every get-together. He’s part Mississippi plantation, part Rocky Mountain foothills. A vacationer at heart, he’s a free spirit who can’t be boxed in or bottled up and always delivers the entertaining twist needed to turn ordinary occasions into unforgettable escapes.
Seasonal releases in Watermelon, Strawberry, and teas!